Haidji

Haidji - Books...and...Books!

I'm Haidji, author of SG Suicide Game, Life into Mist, Fancy & Adriaan and other books.

Wo geht's denn hier zum Glück?: Meine Reise durch die 13 glücklichsten Länder der Welt und was wir von ihnen lernen können
Maike van den Boom
The High Mountains of Portugal
Yann Martel
The Complete Fairy Tales
Hans Christian Andersen
Progress: 95/1183 pages

Good Quotes

Insurgent - Veronica Roth

This book takes off immediately where the last one ended.

The story gets more complicated and the relationship develops,but at a certain point I felt that it all plateaued in terms of keeping my interest.
There are some logic and moral issues in the story, but you keep reading and don't think so much about it.
I thought it was a bit boring for the first eighty pages. Then, it definitely picked up and I got into the story.
The last 150 pages are very intense. VERY intense.
It was nice to see how Veronica Roth explored so many different characters and relationships and integrated that aspect seamlessly into the non-stop action.
Tris is a teenage girl, trying to make some sense out of the world around her.
Tris's guilt seemed to be overwhelming in the book, but that's probably how we were supposed to feel, like her...overwhelemed.

The ending was predictable and underwhelming but it makes you want to read the next book because the author did leave us with a pretty good cliff-hanger at the end. This is the reason for my 4 stars. The book makes you want to read the next one.

There are lots of good quotes on the book that will make you smile, laugh, cry(?) or just think about it -

"Cruelty does not make a person dishonest, the same way bravery does not make a person kind."

“It reminds me why I chose Dauntless in the first place: not because they are perfect, but because they are alive. Because they are free.”

“I don't want to stop you. I want you to stop yourself.”

“We share a common enemy, but does that make us friends?”

“Like a wild animal, the truth is too powerful to remain caged.”